Total Pageviews

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Wallpaper Project for Tracy Kendall

This is some of my samples from the first few weeks. I really liked the idea of working with blue colours and quite sheer transparent fabrics. I dyed some of my fabrics and used bleach to remove the dye from certain areas. I also went to a scrap store and managed to find some odd but interesting things, some of which I used to make my own sequins.
Jessica.x
After playing around with the bleach I focused on trying out different brush strokes as they can give many different effects which can make interesting patterns. These are some small samples I made, using watercolours, disperse dyes which I then printed onto fabric and some using dye. The ink samples were my favourite as I found out the bleach works best with inks as it bleeds into the colours and creates some really nice effects.
Jessica.x
This is my space at uni which Im very lucky to have. I decided to carry on with the brush stroke idea for my final design. I decided to use a combination of watercolours and inks on my final piece of wallpaper as I could make many more colours. I also used the bleach on certain sections.
Jessica.x
This is my final piece of wallpaper finished. A whole 3 meters worth, which took around 9 hours to paint but I think it was worth it and I really enjoyed making it. Cant wait to put it up!
Jessica.x

No comments:

Post a Comment