Total Pageviews

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Hand Painted Frames


 So these are the frames I bought from charity shops over the last couple of weeks. They are all relatively old looking anyway but I wanted to give them an old paint effect using white paint as its something Ive always liked and wanted to have a go at. 
I also thought it would work well with my cross stitched Victorian styled LOVE letters. 
First of all I had to sand the frames down (which was absolutely awful as I HATE HATE HATE the feel and sound of sand paper!)and then painted the roughly using a white water based paint. I then waited to let them completely dry and then sanded them down a bit more to achieve a look I was happy with.

I'm really pleased with them and think they work really well together with them all being different sizes and shapes.
Jessica.x



No comments:

Post a Comment