Total Pageviews

Friday, 4 May 2012

xxx Cross Stitch xxx

Our next project is a personal project, where we get to write our own brief.  YAY!
I have decided to work with embroidery, mostly focusing on cross stitch. I started doing a bit of cross stitch over the summer for our summer project. Its very labour intensive but it can be nice and relaxing once you get going and it feels like an amazing achievement once you have finished stitching your design. 
I have been doing some research to start getting some ideas about what kind of theme I want to work with. Cross stitch is quite hard to research as it tends to be rather twee. 
I have researched stitchers such as Emily Peacock who has featured on programs such as Kirsties Homemade Home (which I looooove!!!) and Felicity Hall, these lovely ladies cross stitch work is very colourful and very contemporary which is the look I am going for.  Most of these images are from Etsy and Not On The High Street (love them!)
I really want to work on my colour during this project, I am thinking of working with letters and putting them in frames....I have already started collecting frames from my local charity shops which has been so much fun!!! Im thinking I'm going to do a paint effect on some of them for a really old vintage feel.
I shall keep you posted....
Jessica.x










No comments:

Post a Comment