Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Print...

For this project I wanted to focus on mark making, pattern and print. After doing some research I really liked the idea of focusing on kaleidoscopes as I think they create really interesting patterns and shapes. I also like the way they sometimes look like jewels.
These are some of my designs that I have made by making collages and by using some of my paintings. Ive then turned them into kaleidoscopes using photoshop. Ive also enhanced them to make the colours more vibrant. 
I then put the designs onto fabric and am now embroidering them with beads and sequins to try and add some texture and to bring in the jewel like kaleidoscope feel. 
Jessica.x


These are my prints that Ive transferred onto fabric and my research in the background. 




\
These are a couple of my prints that I am now embroidering with beads and sequins. 












This is some of my research. I wanted to really focus on colour in this project as its something I love and like to try and experiment with. I also wanted to work with paints and the different mark makings you can make using different brushes.
Ive looked a lot at colour, pattern and print and how it can be used for fashion and interiors.





No comments:

Post a Comment